WSDOT, CACC & FAA
Although the King County greenfield site was not on the CACC Phase 2 shortlist, WSDOT secretly continued Phase 3 analysis of the SE King County location as a 4th potential greenfield site in their WASP system plan.
Further WSDOT communication summary:
1) The technical details of the King County site identify it as worthy of additional analysis.
2) King County is still a potential site until something in the further analysis emerges that would make the site unsuitable.
PHASE 3 ANALYSIS The analysis that is remaining includes:
- Airspace review – with assistance from the FAA
- Air cargo analysis
- Additional environmental factor analysis
- Transportation/access analysis
- Infrastructure analysis
- Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates
WSDOT, CACC & FAA DOCUMENTS
Nov 2022 – FAA Airspace site review
Follow the WSDOT/CACC website for current updates.
The CACC is scheduled to present their recommendation of a single greenfield site on July 15th 2023, and the commission is scheduled to terminate on July 30th 2023. It is possible that the CACC will be terminated before these dates if SHB-1791 passes, creating a new Work Group replacing the CACC, effective 30 days after the bill passes.